- NEW!!! For Sale Silver and Gold Bracelets
- Designs for Silver and Gold Bracelets
- NEW!! For Sale Design for Basket Weave Rings
- For Sale-Lightship Baskets By Michael and William Kane
- For Sale-Barrettes
- For Sale -Woven Bracelets "The Michael Kane Collection"- Basket Bracelets R
- For Sale-Woven Basket Necklace-"The Michael Kane Collection"- Basket Bracelets R
- For Sale EARRINGS
- For Sale Cuff Links
- For Sale Basket Weave Rings
- For Sale Necklaces
- For Sale Pendants
- Ideas For Pendants
- "The Michael Kane Collection"- Basket Bracelets R- Designs
- Woven Basket Necklace Designs-"The Michael Kane Collection"- Basket Bracelets R
- For Sale-Bird Carvings
- Baskets With Gold
- Before & After Renovation
- Buttons for handles
- Carvings on Baskets
- Clasps to close the front
- Clutch Baskets
- How To Place An Order
- Miscellaneous Basket Shapes
- Nests of baskets
- One of a kind baskets
- Open baskets
- Scrimshaw Tops
- Sewing Baskets
- Square Baskets
- Tote Baskets-Side Designs
- Tote Baskets
Indicates work by William Kane
Serving the discriminating buyer for over 42 years in business!
Craftsmen, Michael Kane, began weaving his heritage through Nantucket Lightship Baskets in 1969. He learned his trade from his grandparents, Mr and Mrs. William Reis, Sr., and began his own successful business while still in the eighth grade.
His baskets are crafted with sturdy oak staves and handles, woven with rattan, and rest on a solid wooden bottom. They are often accented with beautiful decorations of ivory carvings and scrimshaw. His grandparents taught him to use oak instead of cane because experience taught them that oak is the sturdiest and would make the finest basket.
Michael's first basket was sold in 1969 at his mother's business, Bette's Luncheonette in the Nantucket Pharmacy. As the years passed he began to supply baskets of various sizes to Morgan Levine at the Four Winds Craft Guild. Michael soon established a well-known name for himself and decided to branch out on his own. He moved to his present location where he is producing the finest baskets of a unique craft which has lasted for over 200 years. Michael is best known as the originator of the tight weave.
Only on Nantucket, can you find the REAL Nantucket Lightship Basket.